Pages

22.10.11

Night Noodle Markets | Crave Sydney Food Festival

Long time no post! I've been doing assignments and catching up on readings for uni and stuff. This meant that I did not go anywhere or do anything worth blogging about! 


However, last Thursday my friends and I headed over to Hyde Park for the Night Noodle Markets. We got there around 5:15, maybe, and the first thing we did was trying to find and fight for a table. We did and then as we were waiting for other people to arrive had to answer numerous "Is anybody sitting here?" inquiries. The lines weren't too bad. The food was ok. I only went to the Longrain and Spanthai stalls. In my head I was weighing whether the food and the price were worth it because a lot of the stuff was overpriced for what they were.

 
From Longrain. $12. Sausage and coleslaw basically. I wish I had gone for the soup dishes instead because I regret paying $12 for a sausage. XD

 
One of my friend's bowls from Longrain. I don't know if it's the curry or the soup dish but it was way better than what I had.

 
From Spanthai which I'm guessing was a fusion of Spanish and Thai food. $13 for 2 dish combinations. Chicken pad thai and chicken saffron rice. Really liked the chicken saffron rice. Pad thai was just normal pad thai.

But really you come to it not so much for the food or the overpriced alcohol but to enjoy a spring night in Sydney, outside, with friends. 

And here is where I would insert some photos of my friends but yeah, anonymity and such precludes me from doing so. XD 

I would also insert photos of Hyde Park but lots of my photos turned out quite blurry. Still such a noob with my dslr. 

So, Saturday is almost gone now. I had planned to write up some notes this weekend ...

Also, I bought tickets to GANTZ and GANTZ: Perfect Answer for November 19 for the Japan Film Festival. Excited and like, finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment