Pages

15.4.13

Jamberoo, Kiama, Wollongong

Back in March the family took a trip down south to Jamberoo. We had to reschedule because of horrible weather back in February. So glad we didn't attempt to go in the rain. It was such a good, sunny day on the Saturday we finally went.

This was the first time I've been to Jamberoo. I didn't know that you could rent huts. I thought we would have to find a spare patch of ground to rest our towels on. But we had the amazing Taipan Hut! So big! Much bigger than it needed to be and as the name suggests it was right next to the TAIPAN ride.

But first, the car ride down there. Lots of greenery and COWS. So many. I don't think they're for eating but for milking?

Untitled
Untitled

Our hut.

Untitled

The eponymous Taipan right next to us!

Untitled
Untitled

I went on the Taipan 3 times! So good! It's the darkness and the potential of capsizing that makes it amazing. I rode it with my little cousins and I screamed more than they did!

And here's our food for the day. Yep. That is rice you see.

Untitled

There was also cake since it was my cousin's birthday too!

Untitled

For reasons that I won't really go into (just some drama) we left Jamberoo and headed to Kiama to see the blowhole. I was expecting to see some actual blowhole action (don't be dirty!) but alas no. Still a beautiful day for sightseeing.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

My favourite sign that made me yell at all my family for walking on the rocks.

Untitled
Untitled

Then we drove up to Wollongong for some swimming between the flags. I'm not much of a swimmer. I may have mentioned in the past that I haven't owned a swimming costume since high school. But I loved jumping into the waves and getting hit by them. If only I had the courage to go deeper!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I had such a good time but when I got home I found sand in my bag and in my shoes and my pants and my hair. And now I know what Kramer was talking about when he was inventing his perfume "The Beach". A beach smell is good.

It's been pretty warm weather in Sydney. Warm for autumn so maybe a trip to a much closer beach isn't out of the question!

No comments:

Post a Comment